Metal Chelation (Cheloku00ae)
Cheloku00aeu00a0is Periodic Productsu2019 patented chelating technology. The result of more than two decades of biochemical research and development, Chelok gives Periodic Productsu2019 polymers the power to rapidly, permanently, and cost effectively remove, extract and eliminate metals from water, soil and ash.
Six series of domestic and international patents have been filed by Periodic Products, with four United States and 35 international patents granted to date. Additionally, the Company has three United States patents and one Canadian patent on supravital fluorescence technology for the determination of biological contaminants in fluids and solids.
Many of the patents involve applications of the Companyu2019s Cheloku00ae metal extraction and recovery technology. The result of more than threedecades of material science technology research and development, Chelok gives the Companyu2019s polymers the power to rapidly, permanently and cost-effectively isolate and extract u2013 and depending on application, completely remove u2013 metals from water, soil and ash. Further, the recovered metals in this process can be recycled and reused, providing additional economic and environmental benefits.
Periodic Products Inc. has developed a series of unique and versatile polymer compounds that are the worldu2019s only highly efficient water-insoluble binders of heavy metals. The flexibility of these novel polymer compounds allows for enhanced and cost-effective technological solutions across a broad spectrum of industries. These proprietary compounds provide significant benefits:
- Efficiently removing toxic heavy metals such as lead and mercury from the worldu2019s water supply.
- Improving the recovery of mined precious metals from process waste streams.
- Cost-effectively isolating and recovering rare earth elements and other critical metals from waste products such as coal ash, acidic coal mine drainage, bauxite residue (red mud), phosphogypsum, and other waste products associated with the production of phosphate-based fertilizers.
- Reducing the environmental impact of industrial operations.
- Performing as a superior biodegradable polycarbonate resin for the production of countless plastic consumer products, potentially eliminating non-biodegradable plastic waste.
- Extending the life of metal used in infrastructure (such as bridges, steel-reinforced pavement and building construction) and transportation (including ships, rail cars, trucks, buses and automobiles).
Cheloku00ae Binds Metals for Extraction and Recovery
Chelok can be be used for metal extraction and recovery in the following applications; Water Water, Tailing Ponds, Coal Ash, Mining Waste, Phosphate Waste, REE (Rare Earth Element) Extraction and Recovery and can bind and extract the elements from the table below. We are adding more elements as research is completed.
Metal-Polymer Composite Materials
- Provide a lightweight framework for the storage and transmission of electrical energy (i.e., batteries, conductive wire and media, circuit boards, and semiconductors).
- Allow for the development of anti-infective and anti-fouling water-insoluble substrates to control bacteria, algae, and other biofilms.
- Enhance green industrial processes through facilitated catalysis.
- Improve crop yields through the development of water-insoluble slow-release fertilizers and pesticides.